You’re in the bathroom. You’ve got the lights on, stereo blasting, and your blow dryer fanning your hair to perfection. Except right when you’re almost done, everything goes dark. The circuit tripped again! It’s the third time this week, and you’re starting to wonder if there’s something more serious going on with your home’s electrical system. Turns out, this is just one of many signs that your electrical panel may be outdated. If you suspect that your electrical panel is out of date and you’re in need of a panel upgrade, keep on reading through today’s blog from Stack!
The electricians at Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric are always here to help homes throughout the Cleveland area. Call us at 440-937-9134 or contact us online to ask a professional about your electrical panel!
How Can I Tell If My Panel’s Outdated?
There are several signs that your electrical panel is past its expiration date. Electrical panels are important because they receive the incoming power from your utility company, and then push that electricity to where it needs to go throughout your home. When one breaks, you may be without power in some spots around your house, or even at risk for an electrical fire. Here are a few of the most common things to look for when you’re worried about your electrical panel:
- Your breaker trips often. Notice that the above scenario actually happens to you a lot? This could mean your electrical panel is getting on the older side.
- There’s a burned or black spot on your panel or a nearby wall. This would be a jarring representation of how hot your panel is getting throughout the day! A wire could have even caught on fire and left the burn mark on the wall that way, too.
- Some wires in your panel look melted. Yeah. This should be a pretty obvious sign that things are getting a little too hot in there.
- Your lights flicker on and off a lot. Do you sometimes feel like your home has become a small rave? If there’s a constant on-and-off of lights, it’s time to upgrade your electrical panel.
- Your appliances get too hot, too quickly. Does your stove burn your food without your consent? Hair dryer getting too hot? If your appliances are overheating, it could be a sign your electrical panel is not doing its job.
- Your trip your breaker when you plug in a specific electrical appliance. Can’t straighten your hair or play your boombox without losing power? Upgrade your electrical panel!
Stack can help you out the moment you notice one or more of these signs in your Cleveland home. Contact our team online for call 440-937-9134 to speak to a representative.
What Do I Do If I Notice These Signs?
If you’ve spotted any of the above signs, it’s a good idea to call a professional right away. An outdated electrical panel, while sometimes annoying and unreliable, can become dangerous or even life-threatening very quickly. Either an electrical fire or electrocution is a possible result from an especially elderly panel. Stay on top of your safety and your home’s by getting in touch with your local electric company!
Luckily, the electricians at Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric are here to help. We have a wide array of electrical services and experience to offer, and we’re positive we can help you upgrade your electrical panel with ease. Our team knows exactly how to tell when a panel is outdated and will carry through any necessary repairs or replacements. You can’t go wrong with the Stack team! We’ve been helping the Cleveland community with electrical issues for over 40 years and hope to continue doing so with your home!
Call Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric at 440-937-9134 or contact us online to learn all about how our electrical services can help you today!