HVAC systems utilize a collection of mechanical and electrical parts, fuel-burning components, refrigeration, computer chips, and plumbing to heat and cool homes. These components endure wear and tear over time, and repairs are inevitable. However, you can prevent many repairs, save energy and money and extend the life of your HVAC system with a maintenance agreement.
What to Expect from a Maintenance Agreement
Reputable HVAC contractors offer maintenance agreements of varying services. A spring A/C tune up and fall furnace inspection are commonly part of maintenance agreements. By participating in a maintenance program, you may expect the following benefits:
- Comfort: Spring and fall HVAC maintenance helps ensure your A/C, furnace, and ducts are providing optimal comfort in your home.
- Efficiency: It doesn’t take a major malfunction for your HVAC system to lose efficiency. A dirty evaporator coil, for example, insulates against free heat exchange. Your A/C will have to work longer to cool your home. Leaky ducts can lose up to 40 percent energy output before airflow reaches the rooms of your home. A dirty gas burner doesn’t burn fuel as efficiently as a clean device, which creates excessive fumes and increases energy usage. Regular maintenance prevents degradation of HVAC performance.
- Lifespan: Take care of your HVAC system and it will take care of your home comfort. Regular maintenance checks helps parts, components, and your total system last longer.
- Warranty: If you have a newer HVAC system, check the warranty requirements. Many warranties require regular maintenance.
What to Look for in a Maintenance Agreement
It’s a good idea to shop around for a maintenance agreement you’re satisfied with. Following are the minimum requirements you should expect:
- Regular HVAC maintenance should be scheduled for the spring and fall seasons.
- You shouldn’t have to pay overtime or after-hour repair fees.
- Expect priority emergency service.
- Ask for reduced diagnostic fees, which can keep your systems purring.
If you would like more information about the benefits of maintenance agreement for your Northeast Ohio home, contact Stack Heating & Cooling. Our Comfort Club Maintenance Program is an investment in your comfort, energy savings, and HVAC lifespan.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Cleveland, Ohio about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “piotr_pabijan/Shutterstock”