The indoor air quality of your home is extremely important for your health and comfort. Depending on how much dust, pet dander and other contaminants are in your air, your home may be impacting your health for the worse. One of the best ways to eliminate excessive dirt, pollen, pet dander and other contaminants from your HVAC equipment is to install a separate HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filtration system in your air conditioner or furnace. This will stop unwanted dirt right at the source and will also provide other benefits, such as:
- Additional protection for your HVAC equipment, preventing dust from damaging your equipment.
- Fewer dust and dirt particles in the air of your house and in your ductwork.
- Fewer allergy symptoms and other irritants that can impact your health.
- Longer equipment life due to higher efficiency levels.
- Improved airflow through your HVAC system.
- Higher unit performance efficiency, which will lead to lower energy bills each month.
Care must be taken when installing a unit-based HEPA filtration system. Not all HVAC equipment will work with the tight mesh of a HEPA filter. Some units require more airflow passing through the system to prevent overheating and other problems. HEPA filters may not fit snugly in all units, which can lead to unfiltered air leaking around the filter, filling your home with contaminated air. For best results, a second form of filtration in your ducts is also recommended.
For more information about HEPA filtration and how it can benefit your Ohio home, contact us at Stack Heating & Cooling. We will happily answer any questions you may have about HEPA filters or other ways you can improve your indoor air quality. We provide all of northeast Ohio with expert HVAC service and can help you breathe easier in your home in any season.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HEPA Filtration and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.