As summer draws to a close, it’s time to service the heating and cooling systems in your home in preparation of the colder weather to come. Consumers who own heat pumps should schedule their heat pump tune up before the cold Cleveland winter sets in and a heating system failure could occur.
Heat pumps are a cost-effective way to heat and cool your home, but just like your automobile, they require regular maintenance to remain reliable and efficient. When you contact Stack Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electric, trained HVAC technicians can perform a professional heat pump tune up, making sure your heating system is ready for the cold winter ahead.
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Check for air flow issues and ductwork leaks
- Check all electrical connections
- Verify proper refrigerant levels
- Verify proper thermostat function and calibration
- Verify reversing valve (switches the heat pump from heating to cooling) is functioning properly
- Inspect blower motors and belts
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clean and inspect all coils, fans, and filters
- Clear away yard debris that could interfere with air flow
- Clean outside case of heat pump to resist rust and wear
Technicians will perform the above services and others as requested by the homeowner and supply a written list of performed maintenance, a diagnosis of system problems and recommended solutions. Addressing heating problems before they occur could prevent a heating system failure and save you money.
Stack Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electric has been servicing the greater Cleveland area for decades and can service,replace, or install home environmental systems including heating, cooling, air filtration, and humidity control equipment. Contact Stack Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electric for more information about heat pump tune ups and other services such as our Comfort Club Maintenance Program .
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Cleveland, Ohio about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about heat pumps and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “alexwhite/Shutterstock”