Before you consider having any work done on your heating and cooling systems be sure to hire a reputable HVAC contractor to be sure the job is complete properly.
- Check with your local government office about the certification that contractors need. Write down the make and model of the existing HVAC system that you own. Add all of the maintenance information to your note.
- Speak to your family and friends about any of the HVAC contractors that they have hired for honest advice about potential service people. Contact your local HVAC organization for a list of contractors.
- Look for an HVAC contractor who is NATE certified. While other organizations train technicians, NATE tests them to ensure their mastery of vital HVAC skills. The testing involved in the NATE certification process validates the knowledge and skill ability of each certified technician.
- Contact your potential contractors and ask each of them for references. It is important to call these references to validate the quality of work performed. Be sure to ask about the length of time required to complete the job and whether the budget was maintained.
- Check for rebates, incentives and special offers that are available. Most Energy Star-rated units qualify for some type of discount or refund. Review the Energy Star guide for advice on Energy Star products that adhere to stringent energy requirements.
- When you have made your final decision, have that HVAC contractor prepare and sign a contract that outlines the particular product specifications, the time required to complete the installation and the warranty included with the work.
- Be sure to have estimates written that detail the bids of each contractor. The estimate should list the costs, scheduling, products and warranties of the job you want completed. Compare these estimates to determine which professional is the best contractor for your situation.
The professionals at Stack Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electric in Northeast Ohio would be glad to provide you with the expert advice you might need about hiring an HVAC contractor. Feel free to contact us with all of your heating and cooling system questions.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Stack Heating services Cleveland, Ohio and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website.