Even though summer in Ohio is coming to an end, you should not ignore the need for preventive maintenance on your cooling system. In order to keep your A/C system functioning well each year, it requires regular maintenance. If you haven’t had it serviced this year, or it’s been awhile since you had it done, it’s not too late.
If you keep your A/C well maintained, it will:
- Operate at peak efficiency. Dirt buildup prevents the system from functioning at its peak capacity.
- Increase the lifespan of the system. A clean system lasts longer.
- Help avoid repairs. Maintenance protects you from unexpected breakdowns, which could leave you without a functioning A/C when you need it most.
- Increase energy savings. With better efficiency (and fewer repairs), the system uses less energy, which means more money in your bank account.
What does preventive maintenance involve? An HVAC contractor will closely inspect all the components of your air system to make sure they are in proper working order. Technicians follow strict standards and guidelines set forth by the HVAC industry to make sure your system stays running for as long as possible, as efficiently as possible. Parts are inspected and cleaned to keep them in good condition. If deterioration is detected, parts can often be replaced so that they don’t cause problems later down the road.
Components of both your cooling and heating system are included in the service, because the A/C often shares some of the heating system’s components, like the furnace blower. The condenser coil of your air conditioner receives a large amount of attention because it is responsible for cooling the air that gets distributed.
These are some other steps that are performed during a preventive maintenance:
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Inspect system controls.
- Tighten electrical connections.
- Check condensate drain.
- Verify thermostat settings.
If your air system has not been inspected in the past year, schedule a service check today. Contact Stack Heating & Cooling to speak with a friendly HVAC professional. We proudly serve the entire Greater Cleveland area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about preventive maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Stack Heating services Cleveland, Ohio and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!