Is your home comfort system on its last legs? Is it old, noisy and undependable? Is it time to call for repairs once again? Or would it be better to use that money towards a new system? Lots of homeowners here in northeast Ohio face this dilemma.
A new system can be quite an investment, and some people are reluctant to take the repair or replace plunge. Here’s a list of things to consider as you make your decision:
- Are you spending a lot of money and time having your old system fixed?
- Are your utility bills creeping up higher and higher?
- Does your home have hot spots and cold spots?
- Do you have humidity problems?
- Is there lots of dust in your home’s air along with stale smells?
- Did you score less than 5 on the Energy Star assessment tool? It may help you gauge your energy usage and the relative efficiency of your home comfort equipment.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a new or upgraded system can provide a solution. Another key question to consider is the age of your current system? If your heat pump or A/C unit is more than 10 years of age, or your furnace is beyond 15, you will save a lot each month on your utility bill with a new energy-efficient system. That savings will allow you to recoup your initial expense quite quickly.
When you decide it’s time to replace all or part of your home comfort system, keep in mind that there are tax credits to help with the initial expenses. If you use certain designated Energy Star products or green energy systems this year, you can get a nice tax break.
For personalized guidance on the repair or replace dilemma, contact the local experts at Stack Heating. We’ll help you calculate your potential savings and select the best new equipment and energy-saving upgrades for your needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Stack Heating services Cleveland, Ohio and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website.