Air Conditioning Replacement
Air Conditioning Replacement in Cleveland, OH
It’s tough to figure out when’s the right time to replace your air conditioning unit. With the unpredictable weather in Ohio, you need an AC unit that stays running throughout all of the hot summer months. When repairs just aren’t enough, it may be time to just get an entirely new unit. We know this may seem like a daunting task, which is why the professionals at Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric are here to help you in any way possible. Our team is qualified to assess, replace, and install your air conditioning system whenever you need to. Keep reading to learn the signs that your AC unit needs to be replaced, when to repair your unit vs. replacing it, and much more!
The experts at Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric are here to help you today. Call 440-937-9134 or contact us now to speak to a representative!
Signs You May Need a New AC Unit
Air conditioner replacement can be stressful, and often people don’t know how to begin the process of getting a new one. However, the most important things to do when thinking about HVAC replacement is to know the signs that your unit needs to be replaced in the first place. This can help you avoid excessive fees, an uncomfortable house, or possibly dangerous technical malfunctions. Here are a few of the most common signs that your air conditioner should be replaced:
- Your house is hot! Notice that your AC unit isn’t doing the most basic thing that you expect it to? No cool air pumping into your house? This is the most obvious sign you may need a new unit.
- What’s that puddle? If you’re stepping in water around the house and your AC unit, that’s a huge sign that you need a new system. Not only do moisture buildups and pipe leaks cause your system to underperform, but these areas can grow mold and potentially harm you and your loved one’s health.
- Your house is stinky. If you’ve been sniffing some upsetting scents, it’s most likely because your AC unit is on the brink. It’s important to pay special attention if these are smoky or burning smells, as those could indicate an emergency replacement situation.
- Your energy bills have skyrocketed. Something up with your bills this past month? If your AC unit is older, then it’s probably working twice as hard to perform the same job as a new system.
Repairing vs. Replacing Your AC Unit
Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out when it’s worth it to repair a unit versus throw the whole thing out. There are a few easy steps to gauge what the right course of action should be:
- You’ve had your AC unit for over 15 years. Yeah, your system’s getting up there. Just because you can repair it doesn’t mean you should when it’s past the 15-year mark.
- The cost to repair is around the same as it is to replace. Is your repair bill $6,000 and the cost of a new unit is $8,000? At that point, a repair of that size isn’t worth it to fix and your home will be better off with a fresh, new system.
- Your bills keep rising. If you’ve noticed that your energy bills keep going up, even after multiple unit repairs, then you’re probably due for a new AC unit.
AC Replacement in Avon, Lorain, Sheffield, Elyria, and Cleveland Areas
The professionals at Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric have been servicing the greater Cleveland areas for over 40 years. We know exactly what it takes to get an HVAC replacement done right, and you can rest assured knowing your AC system and home are in good hands. We are dedicated to performing high-quality, honest work with fair pricing. If you’re looking for air conditioning replacement throughout Avon, Lorain, Sheffield, Elyria, or Cleveland, look no further than Stack.
Get your AC replacement process started by calling Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric at 440-937-9134 or contacting us now.
1431 Lear Industrial Pkwy
Avon OH, 44011