With summer approaching, you need to make sure your home’s air conditioning system is ready to take the heat. Air conditioner maintenance is vital to ensuring that your system will not fail you when you will need it most. It is advisable that you have a yearly tuneup performed by a professional. In addition, there are some do-it-yourself steps that can help keep your system humming throughout the summer season.
- Changing your air filter every one to three months will not only prolong the life of your system, but also increase energy efficiency.
- Clear away all debris, such as leaves or sticks, from your outdoor unit. These can impede airflow and even damage the fan blades or coils.
According to the Energy Star program, professionals should handle other yearly air conditioner maintenance tasks, including:
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Checking the unit’s refrigerant level.
- Lubrication of all moving parts.
- Inspection of the condensate drain.
- Checking for safe operation of system controls.
- Tightening of all electrical connections.
- Testing of thermostat.
- Cleaning of blower motor.
By properly maintaining your air conditioning system now, the chances of breakdowns that can cause extensive damage to your system are lessened.
For professional advice on your home’s air conditioning or heating systems, feel free to contact us at Stack Heating & Cooling. We have been serving the greater Cleveland area since 1976.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioner maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Stack Heating services Cleveland, Ohio and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!