When You Encounter These Problems, It’s Time To Call Your Local Electrician
As a homeowner, you’re probably used to the range of issues homes encounter. From leaking sinks to squeaky doors to old paint jobs, many of these “to do” items around the house can be put off inevitably until you have the time, money and patience to deal with them. However, if you are encountering any of these five common home electrical issues, don’t wait for a rainy day to call in professional support. Electrical problems should never be taken lightly as, left unremedied, they could cause a fire.
- Blackened or melted outlets: If the outlet or outlet cover shows any signs of overheating, such as black marks or melting of the plastic, call a local electrician right away and cease using that outlet.
- Power surges: While an occasional power surge (say, once or twice a year) may not be cause for concern, if your main breaker panel is regularly being overwhelmed by too much electricity, it is likely time for an electric panel upgrade.
- Flickering lights: When lights flicker, it’s a sign of a poor electrical connection. In order to find out where the breakdown is happening, you need a professional electrician to come onsite and do some sleuthing.
- Loose or damaged light switches: If you notice anything visually off about the light switches in your home, it could signal electrical issues or damaged wiring.
- Outlets sparking: Like power surges, the occasional sparking is actually somewhat normal when plugging in a device. However, if this is a regular occurrence, the risk is that heat can build up in the outlet and melt the insulation around the wires. That is a serious fire hazard and should be addressed immediately.
Stack Heating, Cooling & Electric has been serving the greater Cleveland area since 1976. We value our customer relationships and look forward to working with you! Give us a call today to schedule your appointment with a professional local electrician or HVAC contractor.